Laurea magistrale in Bioinformatica e biotecnologie mediche
Proteomica analitica e clinica (2012/2013)
|Other available courses
||Laurea magistrale in Biotecnologie agro-alimentari
CHIM/01 - ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Teaching is organised as follows:
Clinical proteomics is the science that aims to develop technologies for the treatment of patients through the analysis of proteomes of healthy and sick cells. This research area aimed to identify proteins that can be used as early markers in blood, urine, or tissues of cancer patients, or that may predict response to therapy or the relapse after treatment.
Analytical proteomics (LM9+LM7):
2. Sample preparation.
3. Gel-based separation.
4. 2D gel Image analysis.
5. Gel-free separation.
6. Pre-fractionation of low abundance proteins.
7. Analysis of proteins/peptides by Mass Spectrometry.
8. Analysis of proteins/peptides by Tandem Mass Spectrometry.
9. Analysis of mass spectra and database search for protein identification.
10. Differential and Quantitative proteomics.
11. Characterization of post-translational modifications.
12. Proteomics in agro-food and biomedical areas.
Clinical proteomics (LM9):
13. Application of Proteomics in Cancer Research.
14. Proteomics and lymphomas (mantle cell lymphoma and splenic lymphoma).
15. Proteomics and stem cells. Study of mechanism of action of new drugs.
16. From iron-diseases to hypertension: application of clinical proteomics.
17. Hemochromatosis and Intrauterine growth retardation
18. Cardiac diseases.
19. Autoimmune disease.
20. Bacterial and viral infections.
Data from AA 2012/2013 are not available yet